Archive for the ‘Videogame music’ Category
Monday 8th February 2010 Leave a comment
Has anyone noticed how many game adverts of recent years have used the gimmick of juxtaposing violent imagery against music that’s classical, laid-back, sombre, old-fashioned, jaunty, or otherwise incongruous?
Then we had:
- Gears of War‘s take on “Mad World” (plus its Battlefield: Bad Company parody)
- Bioshock‘s “Beyond the Sea“
- Mercenaries 2‘s “Oh No You Didn’t!“
- Fallout 3‘s use of “I Don’t Want to Set the World on Fire“
- The Killzone 2 ballet of death, set to “The Flower Duet” (the British Airways music)
- And to a much lesser extent, I suppose that Bayonetta‘s “In for the Kill” might also qualify, at a stretch.